What is the Early Learning Center?
- Early learning serves families and children from the prenatal period through 4 year old’s
- Our In Home Family Support Program operates as a partnership with families to support children by supporting parents in their role as their child’s first, best teacher
- We continue our dedicated support of families as their children transition into formal school environments starting with Toddler Transitions and through their preschool years.
What makes our Early Learning Center special?
- Class sizes are limited to 15 toddlers or 20 preschool children
- All classes have 3 teachers, 1 lead teacher and 2 teacher assistants
- All teachers have, at minimum, a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or are enrolled in a program to receive a CDA within 1 year of employment
- Lead teachers have, at minimum, a current CDA credential or an advanced degree in a child development related field
- Teachers participate in ongoing training and professional development
Bussing and Nutrition
- All preschool students living in Guadalupe school boundaries are eligible for bussing services to and from school each day
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and a snack of fruit or vegetables to preschool and toddler beginnings classes daily
- Our program curriculum is reliant on fidelity to Utah’s Early Learning Standards
- Our teaching practices are evaluated based on the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS-3) for quality interactions and developmentally appropriate learning environment
- Daily schedules and lesson plans are child-centered and structured to provide long periods of intentional free play where children are guided in learning academic skills through play
Looking for child-friendly interactives? Check out these sites:
preschool.uen.org – preschool activities, vides, parent resources
starfall.com – letter and number activities for your child
mothergooseclub.com/songs – nursery rhyme stories and songs