- A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit charter school employment.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
- Self-directed, congenial disposition, and strong diplomacy skills
- Successful completion of training of communicable disease, child abuse/neglect, behavioral management, CPR, and/or first aid may be required as a condition of employment.
The following are typical work responsibilities. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform essential functions.
- Ensure all Health and Safety protocols are followed by all staff, visitors, and students
- Maintain a clean and disinfected area, use cleaning products as provided
- Bus and Recess Aide duties
- Communicates playground and indoor recess rules. Emphasizes fair play and courtesy. Mediates conflicts between students.
- Upholds school behavior policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures. Promotes a professional image of the school.
- Keeps the vice principal and teachers informed about persistent behavior problems.
- Patrols the recreation area to maintain visibility and student contact.
- Responds to student requests for assistance. Solves concerns discreetly.
- Respects personal privacy. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Takes precautions to ensure safety. Monitors situations that may indicate a problem. Provides appropriate student supervision.
- Monitors and initiates action to protect students during adverse weather conditions.
- Stores equipment and helps keep the recreation area orderly.
- Promotes the proper care and safe use of school property. Reports discipline problems, vandalism, graffiti, equipment malfunctions, and other related concerns.
- Reports unsafe conditions to the vice principal and/or appropriate staff (e.g., broken equipment, hazardous tree limbs, damaged pavement, standing water, ice, etc.
- Documents all injuries that require medical attention.
- Reports suspected child abuse and/or neglect to civil authorities as required by law.
- Participates in staff meetings and professional growth opportunities as directed.
- Wears work attire appropriate for the position and season of the year.
- Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
The following personal characteristics and skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties
- Acknowledges personal accountability for decisions and conduct.
- Demonstrates professionalism and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Effectively uses listening, observation, reading, verbal, nonverbal, and writing skills.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
- Performs duties efficiently with limited supervision. Meets deadlines despite time constraints.
- Reacts productively to interruptions and changing conditions.
- Uses diplomacy and exercises self-control when dealing with other individuals.
Hours: Mon Tues Thurs Fri, 8 hours within 6:30am – 4:00pm. School scheduling needs may change.
40 hours per week
Pay: $11.50 / hour