Supervisor: Vice Principal
Guadalupe School – Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full-time with benefits.
Guadalupe Charter School is composed of innovative, dynamic, and professional faculty members. The reading intervention specialist is a faculty member whose main priority is assisting the classroom teacher and instructing students based on state core curriculum. Reading intervention specialists are part of the larger Guadalupe School agency, and therefore are expected to follow the requirements of Guadalupe Charter School’s mission, goal, and objectives when interacting with students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Conducts, collects and analyzes multiple types of literacy assessments.
- Creates and implements individualized reading interventions and lesson plans for small groups for grades 1 through 5.
- Communicates with teaching staff to set progress goals for groups and individuals.
- Works well with and serves as a positive role model for students grades 1 through 5.
- Manages groups of three to nine students.
- Upholds school behavior policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures. Promotes a professional image of the school.
- Participates in staff meetings and professional growth opportunities as directed.
- Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Personal ability to be sensitive, non-judgmental, and caring toward adults and children.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form with adults and children.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting and to organize time effectively and productively.
- Ability to operate basic office and classroom equipment (computer, printer, projector, SmartBoard, copier, phone, etc.).
- Willingness to learn and stay knowledgeable in current educational practices. Attend ongoing in-service training and professional development.
- Ability to problem-solve issues individually and in a group.
- Pass the Paraprofessional Praxis Assessment (Assessment #1755).
- Fluent in Spanish a plus.
*Adherence to all COVID 19 procedures required.