Guadalupe School – Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full-time with benefits.
Guadalupe Charter School is composed of innovative, dynamic, and professional faculty members. The Physical Education (PE) Paraprofessional is a faculty member whose main priority is teaching all Charter School students the importance of physical activity and health in their lives. The PE Paraprofessional is part of the larger Guadalupe School agency, and therefore is expected to follow the requirements of Guadalupe Charter School’s mission, goal, and objectives when interacting with students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Instruct all students (Kindergarten through 6th grade) in physical education, healthy living techniques, and basic hygiene.
- Plan PE and Health lessons and implement them for each Charter School classroom for two (2) 45 minute periods each week.
- Work in a team setting with all Guadalupe Charter School staff to maintain a positive daily routine with students and teachers.
- Be able to manage individuals or groups of students in the All Purpose room/Cafeteria, in hallways, out on the playground, and when leaving school grounds to visit the park grounds across the street from the school building.
- Personal ability to be sensitive, non-judgmental, and caring toward adults and children.
- Ability to infuse students with confidence and activities which support physical education, health, and positive attitudes to self.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form with adults and children.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting and to organize time effectively and productively.
- Willingness to learn and stay knowledgeable in current educational practices. Attend ongoing in-service training and professional development.
- Ability to problem-solve issues individually and in a group.
- Pass the ParaPro Praxis Assessment (Assessment #1755).