Guadalupe School – Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full-time with benefits.
Guadalupe Charter School is composed of innovative, dynamic, and professional faculty members. The classroom paraprofessional is a faculty member whose main priority is assisting the classroom teacher and instructing students based on state core curriculum. Classroom paraprofessionals are part of the larger Guadalupe School agency, and therefore expected to follow the requirements of Guadalupe Charter School’s mission, goal, and objectives when interacting with students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Work cooperatively with the classroom teachers to implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum for the students.
- Work in a team setting with all Guadalupe Charter School staff to maintain a positive daily routine in the classroom, cafeteria, on field trips, and on the playground.
- Assist students in achieving their individualized learning goals and objectives.
- Support and enhance the work of Guadalupe School’s mission.
- Demonstrate professional practices and responsibilities.
- And all other duties as assigned.
- Personal ability to be sensitive, non-judgmental, and caring toward adults and children.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form with adults and children.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting and to organize time effectively and productively.
- Ability to operate basic office and classroom equipment (computer, printer, projector, SmartBoard, copier, phone, etc.).
- Willingness to learn and stay knowledgeable in current educational practices. Attend ongoing in-service training and professional development.
- Ability to problem-solve issues individually and in a group.
- Pass the Paraprofessional Praxis Assessment (Assessment #1755).